Time magazine decided to celebrate Mother’s Day by publishing an article lamenting the number babies who are now alive because of the Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization nearly a year ago.
Here is a breakdown of the author’s pro-abortion talking points:
- “This Sunday will be the first Mother’s Day since the Supreme Court decided Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization and struck down the constitutional right to abortion.”
There is no constitutional right to abortion. Even pro-abortion scholars admit Roe was not supported by the Constitution. The Supreme Court is not infallible. Just look at Dred Scott, in which the Court held that African Americans were not persons under the law and could therefore be treated as property. No one in his or her right mind would now say there is a “constitutional right” to slavery.
- “According to the Guttmacher Institute, more than half of women of reproductive age now live in states that are hostile to abortion rights.”
More accurately, many women now live in states where their children in the womb are protected from abortionists.*
- “This is having serious effects on the lives of people who can become pregnant. Research by the Society for Family Planning shows a sharp drop (32,000) in the number of abortions in the six months after Roe v. Wade was overturned, suggesting that many people who might have otherwise terminated a pregnancy could not legally do so.”
First – and I find it incomprehensible that this has to be explained – only women can become pregnant, so references to pregnant “people” is a misnomer. But, yes, women in some states can no longer legally pay someone to kill their children.* We are celebrating the 32,000+ lives saved!
- “Most people who seek abortions are already mothers.”
ALL women who seek abortion are already mothers.
- “But now this country will force pregnancy and birth on many people who do not want that experience.”
States that enact restrictions on abortion are not forcing pregnancy and birth on women. The only scenario involving forced pregnancy is rape. In all other circumstances, women do not simply find themselves pregnant. This irrational disconnect between abortion and sex is why we launched our nationwide billboard campaign.
- “But now this country will force pregnancy and birth on many…who face dangerous or unviable pregnancies they should have the option to terminate.”
Tragically, even some professed pro-lifers believe this lie and support measures to expand abortion because they are concerned about women’s safety. The reality is that every state law restricting abortion includes exceptions for the surgical removal of ectopic pregnancies and for other potential threats to a mother’s life, as well as exceptions for miscarriages and unviable pregnancies.
Life Legal is working tirelessly to uphold restrictions on abortion so more innocent lives can be saved. We are challenging laws in states like California that give special favors to abortionists and expand child-killing. We also recently secured a huge victory against the manufacturer of the abortion drug Mifepristone.
*While 13 states have enacted strict laws imposing criminal penalties on abortionists, no state has actually banned abortion outright, as women are exempt from those laws and can still legally obtain and ingest abortion drugs in every state.
2 thoughts on “Twisted Time magazine wants MORE DEAD BABIES on Mother’s Day….”
Such a scary bent on the article. Abortion has historically been used for many terrible reasons; from ethnic cleaning to birth control. Glad that it’s been abolished.
Just to be clear. Abortion has not been completely abolished in any US state. While 13 states have enacted laws prohibiting abortionists from performing abortions on women, those laws expressly exempt women. Women are still able to obtain and ingest abortion drugs in every state.
Comments are closed.