Click here to print our most recent prayer requests.
“The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” Psalm 145:18
- VICTORY! Planned Parenthood in Kissimmee Florida has stopped doing surgical abortions on November 1 after we filed a lawsuit to enforce a restrictive covenant prohibiting outpatient surgeries in the medical complex. (Planned Parenthood v. MMB Properties)
- Please pray as we prepare to appeal the verdict in Planned Parenthood v. Center for Medical Progress. On November 15, the jury awarded $2.2 million in damages to Planned Parenthood.
- Please pray for a disabled man in Nebraska, who is under the care of a court-appointed guardian. The guardian recently moved him to a remote nursing facility and his wife is concerned that he is not receiving appropriate care.
- Please pray for a man who was assaulted and suffered a severe brain injury in California. He is breathing on his own, but some family members are pushing for withdrawal of nutrition and hydration.
- December 4: Brief due in our challenge to California’s assisted suicide law.
- December 6: Hearing and ruling in California criminal case against David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt.
- January 23, 2020: Hearing in case involving defense of pro-life laws. We will share more information about this case soon.
- February 21, 2020: Hearing in civil case involving an individual who assaulted a pro-lifer in Washington, DC. We filed a lawsuit against the assailant.
- Ron K. (CA): 40 Days for Life leader Ron K. was attacked outside Planned Parenthood in San Francisco in March. The assailant tried to steal Ron’s 40 Days for Life banner while using his bicycle to shove Ron to the ground and then violently kicking Ron yelling, “Stay down, old man.”
- Ahn v. Hestrin (CA): Life Legal is back in court in our challenge to California’s assisted suicide law. In 2018, the law was struck down as unconstitutional, but Attorney General Xavier Becerra and the pro-suicide group “Compassion and Choices” appealed. The appellate court found that our plaintiff’s lacked standing and the case now returns to the trial court to determine whether the plaintiffs can allege sufficient new facts to establish their standing to challenge the law.
- Alabama Board of Medical Examiners (BME) (AL) —Life Legal filed complaint with the BME and the Alabama Department of Public Health against abortionist Willie Parker regarding sexual misconduct allegations. We are asking both agencies to investigate the sexual assault claims to determine whether Parker’s patients are in danger of predatory behavior and sexual intimidation.
- Alabama Department of Public Health (AL)—Life Legal sent a complaint and demand letter to the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) seeking revocation of the abortion license ADPH issued to Planned Parenthood Birmingham after multiple violations of state and federal law were reported. We also demanded regular and consistent inspections of all abortion clinics in the state of Alabama and ensure correction of any deficiencies reported by the ADPH.
- Two Rivers School v. Darnell et al. (D.C.)—Pro-life advocates protested the building of a Planned Parenthood mega-center adjacent to a middle school in Washington, D.C. The school district sued. Life Legal is representing the lead defendant in the case.