For over 30 years, Life Legal has been at the forefront of the fight to protect unborn children in the courtroom and the public square. Since that time, we have experienced tremendous victories as well as a few crushing defeats. But as we celebrate the sanctity of life this January, we have never been so confident that we will see the end of abortion in our lifetime.
- For the first time ever, the Supreme Court is seriously contemplating upholding a complete ban on abortions after 15 weeks.
- At least four Justices appear ready to overturn Roe v. Wade entirely.
- In Texas, abortions are prohibited once a baby’s heartbeat can be detected, usually at 4-6 weeks.
- Over 70% of Americans want to curtail – not expand – abortion.
- Six states have only one abortion mill left. Of course, even one killing center is one too many and we are working to shut those down.
- Nearly 90% of US counties do not have a single abortion mill.
These victories are the result of countless courageous pro-lifers standing vigil outside abortion clinics, encouraging women to choose life for their babies, and sharing the message of LIFE with their colleagues and classmates. Because they are so effective, pro-aborts are doubling down on their efforts to silence these pro-life voices.
Life Legal was founded to make sure pro-lifers are free to share their life-affirming witness – whether outside Planned Parenthood, on university campuses, in their jobs, or in the public square.
We get calls every day from people who need our help –
- People like Michael Gribbin, who was brutally punched and pushed to the ground by a senior Google employee for “chalking” pro-life messages, a constitutionally-protected form of speech. When the police refused to file charges, Life Legal attorneys filed a lawsuit and ensured that Michael’s attacker compensated him for his injuries and suffering.
- People like Sarah, a pharmacist who was threatened with immediate termination because she would not dispense abortion-inducing drugs. Life Legal attorneys secured a permanent accommodation for Sarah, saving her job and her family’s sole income.
- People like Wynette Sills and other pro-lifers who were concerned that a new California law criminalized holding signs, handing out leaflets, and even counseling outside Planned Parenthood and other abortion mills. Life Legal attorneys filed a lawsuit on Wynette’s behalf, and we won a major victory last month when a federal judge blocked the unconstitutional law.
We are so grateful for your prayers and your support!