January 20, 2012: LLDF to offer CLE in San Francisco
Life Legal Defense Foundation is pleased to announce a new Continuing Legal Education seminar, “Defending the Free Speech Rights of Pro-Life Advocates,” in cooperation with the Office of Public Policy and Social Concerns of the Archdiocese of San Francisco. The goal of this CLE is to prepare attorneys to protect free speech rights when attempts are made to stifle pro-life advocacy. The course has been approved by the California Bar for 3 hours of MCLE credit for attorneys, and highlights the law evolving from the Ninth Circuit case, Hoye v. Oakland.
- Date: Friday, January 20, 2012 (the day before the 8th Annual San Francisco Walk for Life West Coast).
- Time: 3:00–6:00pm. Doors open for registration at 2:30pm.
- Location: San Francisco, Calif. — Event Center Hall B, Lower Level of St. Mary Cathedral of the Assumption, 1111 Gough Street and Geary Blvd., San Francisco, 94109. Free parking is available at the Cathedral. Directions available at http://www.cathedraleventcenter.com/map.htm.
- Cost: Suggested donation — $30.00/per attendee. Light refreshments will be available during the seminar.
- Registration Deadline: Register online below or by calling 707-224-6675.
- Presenters: LLDF Legal Director Katie Short and Senior Staff Counsel Allison Aranda. Ms. Short and Ms. Aranda were both counsel of record for Pastor Walter Hoye in his criminal and civil cases regarding Oakland’s “bubble zone” law and regularly litigate cases involving pro-life speech activities.
Non-attorney members of the public are also invited to attend this seminar if interested in more information on pro-life advocacy in a public forum. The San Francisco Interfaith Committee for Life invites CLE participants to remain after the seminar for its 25th Annual Interfaith Service for Life Friday evening from 7:30–9:00 pm with a reception following, also at Event Center Hall B. For more conference information, contact LLDF at 707-224-6675. For site information, contact Vicki Evans at the San Francisco Archdiocese at 415-614-5533.
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”Defending the Free Speech Rights of Pro-Life Advocates” title=”false” description=”false”]